Friday, August 17, 2012

Playing School

I played around with some of the items that I have collected over the years to create a school vignette on the hall entry table.
Some things I used to decorate my classroom & some I used in our home office.
I found this wonderful picture of a school girl in an antique shop in my hometown many years ago.
When I saw the photo I fell in love with the image.
That big bow looks like it's made with a piece of torn taffeta, the edges are frayed.
Of course the fact she's holding an apple sealed the deal for me to buy it.
I think I paid $5.00.
The school house lamp from my classroom sits on top of the stack of old books.
The old globe has been on top of the filing cabinet in our office for years.
My favorite Norman Rockwell picture.
I found it at Garden Ridge years ago.

Well, it's Friday.  Hope you've had a great week!
Enjoy your weekend.

I'm linking with . . .
Seasonal Sunday Teapot copy
Photobucket
Share Your Creations


5 comments:

Sis Sue said...

Love all the vintage charm. Makes me miss the halls of Wilson.

Debbie Kay said...

I adore your vintage school display. I too enjoy decorating little areas around my home.

Smiles,

Debbie Kay

Susan Freeman said...

Every year at this time I get nostalgic about the beginning of the school year for two reasons. Firstly, I miss going to school myself. Secondly, I spent 3 years teaching school in the middle east after college. Wonderful experience! Then I returned to school once again in NYC to study interior design. Every moment was like magic to me! Your little desk is just too cute!!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Decor To Adore said...

You truly live up to school days, school days good old golden rule days. Fantastic vignette. Thank you for sharing.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my goodness, all of your vignettes are so perfect for this time of year and so clever. I definitley love the little desk and then the globes, well I just think it is all super. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty