Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Getting Crafty

I got crafty yesterday.
I used everything I had on hand to create this wreath for the front door.
The grapevine wreath has been used over & over again.

I got out the Mod Podge to cover some plastic eggs from $ Tree with old book pages.
This is an old textbook published in 1927 that was in the attic
 of my parents' shoe store.  
This Easter card belonged to my Grandma Ruby.
Her Grandma Land gave it to her in 1916.
The front . . .
Christ is Risen
But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the first fruits of them that slept.
1 Corinthians 15:30
The books of the old & new Testaments are listed on the back.

8 comments:

Christine said...

You have been crafty. I have some textbooks too and now I know what to do with them. Great idea.

Ruffles and Relics said...

very cute vignette.. Love the card..

tincanlily said...

Oh, I love it all! It's nice to have memories all around you for Easter! I made some eggs like that a few years ago! Where did I put them?
denise

LindaD said...

Very Creative Carol! I Love it! The old book and card are such treasures. I enjoyed getting to see them. Thank You!

Sis Sue said...

You are a busy bunny. Good job on the cute crafts.

Cindy said...

I love the simplicity of your bunny wreath---very nice job. That card is a treasure, for sure.
And I always think of Handel's Messiah when I hear that Bible quote.

Elena said...

You did a great job Carol! I love all your Easter decorations.

Richella Parham said...

Hi Carol! I'm sorry it's taken me so long to visit you. I got sick this weekend and got behind on everything.

You DID get crafty! I love the idea of covering eggs with old book pages. But my favorite thing of all is that postcard. How cool that it lists the books of the OT and NT on the back. Reminds me of all those Bible drills when I was a kid! :)

Thanks so much for joining Grace at Home!