Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wreath Project . . .

I've been wanting to make a wreath using
 newspaper or coffee filters.
I have seen so many pictures and tutorials on blogs and Pinterest.
Yesterday I took the plunge and started creating.
However, I did not use newspaper or coffee filters.

 Last week this catalog from
Restoration Hardware arrived in the mail.
It is full of high priced items for the home.
Well, for my budget they're over priced.

The pictures are beautifully photographed.
I decided the page colors were perfect for my wreath project.

I started by gluing a piece of ribbon loop to the wreath.
This wreath is from Dollar Tree, the ribbon from my ribbon stash.

After tearing out pages I folded two pages in half
then tore them apart.

Then I folded the halves and tore again. 
I found out that folding 2 pages together makes tearing easier,
and the edges are less jagged.

Next, I scrunched up a piece of paper and applied
some hot glue.

Hold the paper in place for a few seconds.
Oh, I forgot to tell you that I added a piece of brown ribbon 
as accent to the cream ribbon.


It's starting to look like a wreath.


It looks finished, but this is just the first layer.


Now, I started on the outside layer.
To make the process easier I started using
the eraser end of a pencil to poke in the paper.


This ensures not burning my fingers.
The last step is filling in any empty inner spaces to give the
wreath a full look.


Finished wreath.
Notice I changed the ribbon.
I decided to hang it on the shelf in my guestroom bath.


Not bad . . .
I'm pleased with the project.
After looking at this picture I'll probably
redo the brown ribbon.

Next time I'll try a coffee filter wreath.

Wishing you a wonderful Wednesday . . .


I'm joining the Linky Party
 @ Beneath My Heart
Best DIY Projects of September

9 comments:

Patsy said...

Will how smart and very cute. I like it and bet it was fun .

Kerin said...

Turned out cute. Easy and affordable....nothing better!

Elena said...

Wow, what a beautiful wreath. I would of never thought to use magazine pages!

Anonymous said...

That's very nice - love the rich colored pages. Found you via Patsy's blog.

Love Of Quilts said...

What a neat idea you made a pretty one.Trish

Christine said...

How clever. Love it.

Unknown said...

Great! turned out to be a wonderful decor.^,^
Buy WoW Account

claudia b said...

This looks great! I love the idea of using magazine pages!

Kristens Creations said...

How neat! I love how everyone is making wreaths out of so many different materials. Yours looks wonderful where you put it! So glad you joined the party! Kristen