Monday, September 19, 2011

A Little More Fall Fluffing . . .

Happy Monday to you all!
Thank you for stopping by to share a little of your day with me.

I know, MORE fall fluffing? ! ?

I added a few more autumn touches to the house on Friday.

While I was organizing the box that contains fall faux flowers 
and ribbon I decided to add this bow to the front door wreath.
It's a little wrinkled, but I think it looks good.


  I redid this grapevine wreath using bits and pieces 
of flowers, greenery, gourds and pumpkins.
I'm proud to say I didn't burn any fingers while
using the glue gun.
Why am I so proud?
Well, it has been quite awhile since I've done
any crafting with hot glue.

This Sears Craftsman glue gun is at least 25 years old.
Can you tell it has been well used?

Here are a few more last additions to 
fall fluffing 2011.
 I stuck this little scarecrow in this geranium plant.
I'm still waiting to see if it will bloom again.
It barely survived the summer.

I love this antique quilt that belonged to hubby's mother.

Okay, I promise not to show anymore fall decor until
October when I add Halloween bling.

Wishing you a marvelous Monday . . .

image

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love looking at fall creations. Gives me ideas. :)
Chris

Haddock said...

Like the way that banister rail is decorated.

Love Of Quilts said...

Your stairs are so nicely decorated... it all looks good...have a good week. Trish

Vee said...

Feel free to show all the autumn decorating you'd like...it's great! Thanks for mentioning the pumpkin. I've featured that project before and should have mentioned that it is an idea from Martha Stewart.

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol! Oh, you've got the Fallen touch! Everything looks so pretty and that is a gorgeous quilt hanging over your rail!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Stacey said...

Oh everything looks so pretty! I love the quilt over the bannister. This weekend my guys are going out of town for the day. I'm going to fluff for fall. :) You've inspired me.

Miss Debbie said...

Lovely!

Kerin said...

Holy Moly...we have the same glue gun :)
Mine is about 22 years old. Still works like a charm.
Love all the Fall fluffing going on around your place. Looks so happy and welcoming.
Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Fall decor! I found a cute wreath for my front door at GW for $3 but need to find some other cute somethings to complete the look- still looking.....

Sue said...

Love your fall decorations, Carol. And please show more, I always enjoy seeing how my friends decorate, and get so many ideas. It seems you are having fun like me, I have got to finish my outside this week, as we didn't finish Saturday.
Enjoy
Sue
P.S.Please excuse the above deleted comment as I was checked in on another goole account.

Mary said...

Makes me want to come visit again.
I feel my guest room calling.
Great look.

Jessica @ FourGenerationsOneRoof said...

Your front door looks great! Don't you just love this time of year :) Visiting from Southern Hospitality

Eileen said...

I love all of your Fall touches. my favorite are the urns on the mantle. Stunning.

Lori Lucas said...

Carol your house is beautiful....with or without fall decorations. I just love it. Lori L