Friday, September 9, 2011

Friday Show and Tell . . .

Happy Friday to you all!

I've been busy this week not doing much of anything.
I think I have "Fall Fever"!
Two weeks from today Autumn arrives.
This weekend I'll be decorating for the new season.

The weather is glorious!
Hubby and I spent some time on the deck this morning
drinking coffee and reading the paper.
Lots of birds were singing and squirrels were talking to each other.

Now for the Friday Show and Tell. . .

I took these pictures this morning while enjoying time on the deck.

My ferns have survived the boiling hot summer.


Meet my chippy reading elf.
My parents gave him to me after vacationing in the Ozarks
back in the early 70s.
He has survived years of exposure to Oklahoma weather.
He was beheaded several years ago when our dog
knocked him over.  
I fixed him up and spray painted him white.
He's all chippy now.
I think I'll keep him that way.
He looks worn and wise.


I just realized I've never given him a name.
Any suggestions?

Wishing you a fabulous Friday . . .

5 comments:

Kerin said...

Beautiful pictures.
It is feeling more and more like Fall, isn't it ?
Have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

Thought I would drop in for a vist, I've lost touch with all my blogger friends.And I miss everybody, so stop by for a vist when you can.I have family that live in and Ponca City, so I have been hearing about the weather all summer. It's been hot and steamy here in central Fl. too.
Chris

Patsy said...

We are loving this weather and just hope it stays this way thur October.
I think Mr. Chips would be a good name.

Love Of Quilts said...

He does look wise so I'd name him Wiseman. Trish

Cindy said...

So glad you are enjoying your weather. I'm not good at naming things. Some are so clever. The book "DEWEY" is about a cat that lived in a library and they named him "Dewey Readmore Books." Now that is one cool name. I look forward to seeing what others come up with.