Thursday, April 28, 2011

Wedding Fever Continues . . .

 I love weddings.
The dress, ceremony, reception are elements
that make each wedding special.
Whether fancy or simple each wedding is unique.

Our simple wedding on December 27, 1975.

Now for some famous wedding photos.

Princess Diana
July 29, 1981

Queen Elizabeth
November 20, 1947


Princess Margaret
May 6, 1960

Jackie Bovier Kennedy
September 12, 1953

Grace Kelly
April 18, 1956

I can't wait to see Kate's dress.
I don't want to forget to set my alarm
for 4:00 AM.
Here comes the bride!

7 comments:

Becky K. said...

What beautiful and elegant photos you found. Love them!! Especially Jackie Kennedy and Grace Kelly. WOW!

Have fun getting up so early. I plan to get up at 5:30-ish as usual.
It will be fun to watch!

Mary said...

Fun post today Sis.
Beautiful dresses.

Laurie said...

Living on the west coast makes it a 1 am wake up for me!!! Really like the photo of the lovely Grace Kelly.

Elena said...

That will be fun to watch but I think I will wait and watch it later:)

tincanlily said...

I can not wait to see the dress either! Later, I will be making scones to have for breakfast. It's the little things that make me happy, scones and a royal wedding!
denise

Rebecca said...

I found you through Miss Debbie's Sandwich Years. Fun wedding fever! Have you seen the Facebook status going around to create your own royal name by starting with Lord or Lady, adding a name of one of your grandparents, then a pet you've owned, hyphenated with the street where you grew up. For example: Lady Sophia Stuart-Adams. I think I ought to be invited, don't you?!

Rebecca said...

okay, I commented, and THEN I read your earlier posts! Slow learner! ;)