Monday, February 21, 2011

Bathroom Makeover Reveal . . .

My dreams have come true!

The ugly master bathroom wallpaper is gone!

Thanks to my sister, Susan and
brother~in~law, Mike, my vision for
a bathroom makeover came true over
the weekend.
The paint is Behr with primer.
It covered the wallpaper like a charm.
Only one coat needed.
So much easier than priming then painting.
Susan said it's the best paint she has ever used.

We replaced the gold towel bar with
this wall sconce from Target.
Susan made the window treatment from
a shower curtain we also found at Target.

This picture was a $12.00 bargain
we found at Gordman's.
I fell in love with the quote,
"Dwell in possibility",
by Emily Dickinson.



Come back tomorrow to see another
makeover in the upstairs 'balloon bathroom'.

12 comments:

Mary said...

what a transformation! Love the new look. I know you are proud.

Anonymous said...

Your bathroom makeover = beautiful! Wow!

Becky K. said...

Ooooh...I am so happy for you! It looks great!!!

tincanlily said...

I love it, you all did a great job. I like tan and white together. It is a very relaxing room. There is another makeover on the way? I will be back tomorrow.
denise

Kim Sloggett said...

You've inspired me to complete my bathroom makeover!

Cindy said...

I was skeptical about painting over wallpaper, but WOW! Who would know? Love that color. Great job and just in time for spring. Enjoy!!!

Patsy said...

Looks sooo good!

Oklahoma Granny said...

What a big difference a little paint makes! Great job!

Melissa Miller said...

Carol it is all simply gorgeous! Beautiful job and the paint color is warm and welcoming.

Enjoy! ~Melissa

Unknown said...

Love the look, Carol. Great job. I love to decorate and I love to look for the bargains. Too bad you don't live closer. We could shop together. Have a great day.

Elena said...

Wow that paint sounds and looks great! It looks so nice!

CindyR said...

The paint looks fabulous! Did you all have to do anything to the seams to keep the paint from lifting the edges of the wallpaper? One of my friends has been researching painting over wallpaper and said it's necessary to seal down the seams with joint compound first, but it didn't look like you all did that step. Thanks...