Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Dining Room . . .

I'm so happy you came by to take a look at my dining room!

The rabbit & vegetables in the wire basket
give the dining room table a touch of French country.

The china hutch is almost 30 years old.

small side table


The mirror was a 10th anniversary gift
to my parents in 1958. It had been in a
closet for several years.


This is the only new item in the room.
I found it at Hobby Lobby for 1/2 price.
Love the scripture!

I really like this vignette, the up light really makes the difference.


I cleaned and rearranged all the shelves in the china hutch.


My Mother's candlewick dishes.

Thanks again for stopping by!
Tomorrow I'll show you the piano room.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol! Oh, I love seeing your beautiful dining room and all your vignettes! Show me more.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Patsy said...

Beautiful dining room thanks for the tour.

Becky K. said...

Carol,

I love it! The mirror over the little table is perfect. It makes the lamp look like it has a twin.

You have a very lovely dining room.
I would definitely enjoy a meal there.

Becky K.

Sweet Tea said...

Lookin' good!
Thanks for sharing this with us.
I love to peek into people's lives!!

Stacey said...

Carol, I love your furniture! The accessories and those curtains are gorgeous!

Cindy said...

What an elegant space. I love the light on the plant and that plaque with the Bible verse is really nice. The mirror story is a sweet memory and it looks great. Thanks for sharing.

Christine said...

I love the candle holders on the table. Where did you get those?

Oklahoma Granny said...

Every little detail is just perfect. I love the uplighting on the chair with the plant, the small table in front of the mirror and of course, the candlewick glassware.