Sunday, November 15, 2009

Give Thanks . . .

You don't need a turkey to celebrate thanksgiving. All you need is a reason. God has given you more reasons to be thankful than He's created stars in the sky. So, why wait?

Start with what you see ~~ the clothes you're wearing, the food in the fridge, the beauty of an Autumn day. Then, think about the people you love and how they've touched your life. Next, consider what God's given you that can't be held in your hands ~~ things like hope, forgiveness, and your future home in Heaven. Sit quietly as God brings even more reasons to mind.

Stopping to say "thanks" will remind you of how big God is and how good your life is when He's in it, no matter what day it is.

A humble mind is the soil out of

which thanks naturally grows.

Henry Ward Beecher

Taken from ~ God's Daily answer

10 comments:

Mary said...

I am thankful today for my family. God has been faithful!
God bring Newness to every morning no matter how small.

Elena said...

Such a beautiful post, Carol! Thank you for sharing this:)

tincanlily said...

Lovely words indeed. I am very thankful for my family, I have in the past taken them for granted.
denise

Patsy said...

The verses are lovely to think on.
Patsy

Simple Home said...

Oh Carol, this is so true. I'm always telling my kids "we have a roof over our heads, clothes on our backs and food in our cupboards," that means we have more than many people in the world, and much to be thankful for. Wonderful verses.
Blessings,
Marcia

Janean said...

agree completely! thanks giving should be a daily part of our life.

valerie said...

God has blessed me so much. Some days I just walk around and tell Him what all I'm thankful for. There are tons of little things (and not so little) that I never want to take for granted.
I'm thankful for you! :) This is a sweet post.

Sherry said...

What a wonderful reminder. I am in awe at God's blessings on my life and tell him so almost everyday! Thanks for sharing!

Rhondi said...

Hi Carol
What a lovely post today. There are so many things to be thankful for. Obviously today I am brimming over with thanks for our precious new grandson!
((hugs)) Rhondi

Linda C said...

Thanks so much for this post, Carol. Love this thankful attitude:)

It is so true that we have so many blessings that we can't hold in our hands...

Blessings to you:)
Linda C