Wednesday, January 28, 2009

'Ice' Land Tour . . .

Yesterday afternoon hubby & I drove around our neighborhood to explore the icy wonderland.


'Ice'Land Tour 2009

Brush Creek Barn . . .

Ice covered tree
&
falling snow . . .


A chubby squirrel . . .

Frosted pine boughs . . .

Our subdivision pond . . .


Tree lined street . . .

Our house . . .

Little white country church . . .

I did get to see some beautiful snow falling for about 20 minutes
before we returned home from our tour.
Even though it's not the big snow storm I've been longing for
I'll settle for a winter wonderland of icy beauty!

11 comments:

Bo said...

Thanks for the tour Carol...
everything looks so fresh with snow on it. ;-) Bo

valerie said...

What beautiful pictures Carol. Thanks for the tour.

Yesterday I didn't even want to get out of my driveway. I saw several vehicles getting stuck trying to turn the corner on my street.

I love snow, but this ice is yuck! (it is pretty though)

Have a good day and stay warm & safe.

Stacey said...

You did get a little touch of snow yesterday. Not much but it was pretty here. I'm ready for it to warm up now.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures!

Heartfelt living said...

Your pictures are just lovely. I love to go for a ride and look at the freshly fallen snow. Thanks for sharing.
Karen

Yolanda said...

Beautiful....pure...clean...fresh.

Sherry said...

How pretty! It's a beautiful white winter wonderland here, too.

Thanks for the tour in your "neck of the woods" :)

Shelley said...

Beautiful snow tour! Love your house - especially your front door!

Ginger said...

I loved the pictures you posted and especially the one of your house.
We had to plow our driveway to get out, and thankgoodness for 4 wheel drive!!! Summer can't come soon enough for me.

Sweetie said...

Thank you for the lovely tour. Our schools were cancelled today and will probably be cancelled tomorrow. The snow looks fresh and pristine. Your recipe for "Big Batch Chili" sounds wonderful. There is nothing like a hot bowl of chili on a cold winter day.
Hugs,
Sweetie

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Thanks for the tour.. everything looks so magical.. even the chubby little squirrel.. lol
hugs ~lynne~