Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Slowly But Surely. . .

Slowly but surely the Christmas decorating continues. Remember I said just a few days ago that I wanted to have all the decorating completed by Monday?


Well, Monday the only decorating I did was placing the candlestick lights in 18 windows. The reason I didn't do more decorating is because I decided to work on Little E's 'I Spy Quilt'.

(click on picture to see details)
I found these cute little tags in my sewing box & sewed one to the quilt.



It is finished! I'm very happy with the completed project. My next sewing project for Little E is a monogrammed denim purse. A little birdie told me she likes to play with purses. It's been many years since I've done any monogramming, hope it comes back to me easily! I'll keep you posted. . .
Okay, hopefully tomorrow I'll have pictures to post of some Christmas bling!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's a very colorful quilt, I know Lil E will love that. You're so clever, I admire you.

Hugs,
Chris

Mary said...

Oh my, the quilt is so darling!
She will love it. And yes E loves to play purse. I guess she has seen me in action with my purse and diaper bag in tow as we make our shopping rounds. How funny!
good luck on the decorating. I just about have mine done. I am loving my free mornings! Yea
Love you
M

Becky K. said...

Too sweet!

My kids still have some of the handmade things their Grandma Ruth made them when they were toddlers. These things hold such very special value in their lives.

Becky K.

Bo said...

Hi Carol...cute tag on such a darling quilt! 18 windows decorated???...that's a good start!
;-) Bo

Shelley said...

You are so talented carol - the quilt is gorgeous!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Oh your quilt is darling. I'm sure Little E is going to enjoy it. Isn't it nice to put the finishing touches on a project?
hugs ~lynne~

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oh Carol...Little E's quilt is gorgeous! I love it! As for decorating...well, I did put the wreath on the door...lol...Debbie

tincanlily said...

I love your quilt. I love the pretty colors.
Your new banner is just how I wish Christmas would be, every year.
A purse, can't wait to see that!
denise

Jerri Lynn @ Southern Sassyness said...

Wow! Love that quilt....how special for you to make it for E! Is she your granddaughter? That will be a treasure for her for years to come!

Dawn Marie said...

that quilt is beautiful! I need to get back into classes and learn how to finish quilts..i never did that.

i love lights in windows. i just never did it. I'm going to go pull up more christmas decorations and put a few more finishing touchs around my home.

Susan said...

This is beautiful! E sure is lucky!

Opie Dawn said...

Auntie Carol! How sweet you are to make this for E, she is going to love it! It is beautiful! I am going to post a link to this on my blog. Love you and miss you lots!

Love,
April :-)

Picket said...

That quilt is a true 'treasure'...She will cherish it for years to come.thanks so much for coming by..hope you have a beautiful week!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Carol this Christmas stuff keeps getting into the way of blogging girl..I love the little quilt and the demin purse will be darling..thanks for sharing...hugs and smiles Gloria