Friday, December 12, 2008

Many Thanks & A Song. . .



I want to say a big thank you to two blogging friends today.

First, I want to thank Becky at http://hospitalitylane.blogspot.com/ for picking me as the winner for her contest she held on Wednesday. Thanks so much Becky!! It was fun!! Be sure to check out her blog to find out what the contest was all about & the special prize she's sending me. I'm so excited!!!!

The other day I was given the award shown below by Gloria at http://wwwhappytobe.blogspot.com/. Her blog shows so many beautiful things in her home. Thanks Gloria for the award & always stopping by here to leave a sweet comment!!



This song blesses me. . .


I remember the first time I heard the song, 'Mary, Did You Know?', by Mark Lowry. As I listened to his gorgeous voice & heard the powerful lyrics, tears filled my eyes. The song has been a blessing to me, I hope it touches you too.

I wasn't able to find Mark singing the song on PlayList so I'm featuring Clay Aiken.


Mary, Did You Know?

By : Mark Lowry

Mary did you know that your baby boy will one day walk on water?
Mary did you know that your baby boy will save our sons and daughters?
Did you know that your baby boy has come to make you new?
This child that you've delivered, will soon deliver you.
Mary did you know that your baby boy will give sight to a blind man?
Mary did you know that your baby boy will calm a storm with his hand?
Did you know that your baby boy has walked where angels trod?
And when you kiss your little baby, you have kissed the face of God.
The blind will see, the deaf will hear and the dead will live again.
The lame will leap, the dumb will speak, the praises of the lamb.
Mary did you know that your baby boy is Lord of all creation?
Mary did you know that your baby boy will one day rule the nations?
Did you know that your baby boy is heaven's perfect Lamb?
This sleeping child you're holding is the great I am.

15 comments:

Spring M Fricks said...

Oh, I love this song. Actually, I can't listen to it and not cry.

I saw you on Sonya's blog and thought I'd come say hi. Congratulations on winning the give-a-way.

Stacey said...

Congratulations on the contest and the award.

I love that song too. It's just amazing.

Becky K. said...

I will be mailing your package today. I had it ready and with me yesterday but just ran out of time to get to the post office.

Hope you like it.

Thanks for the mention!

Becky

Anonymous said...

I love that song too and Clay does a pretty good job signing it. Congrats on your award too.

Hugs,
Chris

Shelley said...

This is a beautiful song - one of my favorites!

Mary said...

You go girl on winning the contest. I think you are so talented and I am so proud of you.
I look forward to each days entry!
Stay warm Love and Hugs
Mary

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Carol congrats on being a winner girl!!! however I always knew you were one..Hope all is well on your side of the mountain today...hugs and smiles Gloria

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

This song always brings tears to my eyes! I love it.

Congratulations on your win! What a cute comment you left. laurie

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

This song is so powerful, especially to the heart of mother's out there.

What an exciting thing to be the recipient of 2 awards! Congratulations.

Sonya

Dawn Marie said...

this is one of my favorite songs to and your right it does bring tears to your eyes.

Bo said...

Hi Carol...Oh, that is my favorite Christmas song of all time...I hear the Kenny Rogers & Wynonna Judd version everyday on the car radio...Congrats on your prize & award... ;-) Bo

valerie said...

I love this song too. It's one of my favorites.
Congratulations on winning the awards!

Susie Q said...

One of my favorite songs and such a joy to hear this time of year.

Congratulations on your award and winning the giveaway!

Thank you for stopping by my blog today! We got that leg lamp ornament too. Such a fun movie!

Hugs,
Sue

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Congrats on the award and the contest! I love that song, too. It makes you see things through Mary's eyes as a mother. Debbie

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Carol thanks girl for coming by today..and yes I would love to know how many babaies were blessed in that bowl..think thats why I ove antiques just know they have a life and story behind each piece and I just love being the caretaker of them to pas them on..hope you have a great evening hugs and smies dear friend..Gloria