Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Little Bling & A Purse. . .

Yesterday I decorated with a little more Christmas bling!



New bows for the staircase garland. . .

A nostalgic bubble night light. . .

More new bows for the mantle. . .
I love these battery operated candles I found at Home Depot a few months ago. . .
Because Kari is pregnant I'm being very careful to not burn candles with lead wicks. . .

Purse Project Finished! ! !

Yesterday morning I jumped right in & started making a purse/tote for Little E. . .



The purse is made out of denim, lined with the same pink dotted fabric on the quilt, & monogrammed in pink. . .


I made the straps long so she could use it as a shoulder bag. . .
She likes to try carrying her diaper bag on her shoulder. . .
Her name is on both sides of the purse. . .
I found the sweet pink trim at JoAnn Fabric. . .
I sewed another 'specially made' tag on the inside. . .
I had so much fun on this project! ! !
Now on to monogramming the stocking for Ethan. . .

I'll show more bling tomorrow! ! !


17 comments:

Shelley said...

Your beautiful garland on your staircase puts mine to shame! I think I need something bigger now - LOL! That purse is adorable!

valerie said...

This post was so sweet....it made my eyes water!
I love all of your beautiful decorations. Your home looks lovely. Christmas is my very favorite holiday!

I love the items you are making for Elise and Ethan.
How blessed they are to have someone so talented!
I can barely sew on a button! :(

Have a blessed day, Carol.
Love,
Valerie
P.S. I sent you an e-mail

Dawn Marie said...

I love your staircase! I so miss that.

I bought some greenery weeks ago to put around the house and I'll admit its just sitting! I really need to get to it.

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

I love the garland and bows. They always add so much. You've done a beautiful job!

Mary said...

The stair are beautiful.. I love how it makes your foyer glow as people enter your house.
E, will love the purse How cute. Love you
M

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Love the staircase! I have that little bubble light, too, and I love it! Beautiful job on your projects! It's wearing me out just reading about all the stuff you're doing!...Debbie

Nancy Rosalina said...

Hi Carol, I love your garland on the stairway...that is the one thing I have not done this year and I don't know If I will...I keep telling myself that everything doesn't have to be done for the house to be beautiful. I love the purse...very cute! Nancy

Sit A Spell said...

Love the photo in your header...also your staircase garland is beautiful! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Melissa Miller said...

It's all just beautiful and what a precious diaper bag. :)

Tootsie said...

your staircase looks fantastic! that is a perfect amount of bling!
the purse is darling too!

Bo said...

Seeing your beautiful garland with those giant bows makes me wish for a staircase...no upper rooms...
just a staircase...LOL ;-) Bo

Tardevil said...

Love the bling. Hope my turns out that well!

Opie Dawn said...

Very pretty Garland! Mom has been getting our house in shape with Christmas cheer too. E will love the purse, it is too cute! You are the BEST!

Love you,
April

tincanlily said...

Love the garland on your stairway. What a statement that makes. Gosh, a few poinsettias and I would be done. Looks great! I have a few more projects to make before I get all my Christmas decorations out.
denise

Barbara Jean said...

Very cute purse.
So fun creating for those we love.
Barbara Jean

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Your banister garland looks gorgeous! I always loved the bubble lights. I'm glad they are making a come back. laurie

Katy said...

Your Christmas decorations are beautiful! You do such a great job decorating! I love the garland down your banister! :)

And the purse is adorable!!!