Friday, December 5, 2008

Food, Fellowship, Fun. . .

Last night I attended a wonderful event at Bobby & Kari's church, The Church at Battle Creek, in Broken Arrow. This was a ladies only night out. We munched on some fabulous goodies before the program began.


The theme for this year's program was 'Home For Christmas'. We each received this book filled with delicious recipes & helpful suggestions for making the holiday season joyful & stress free.




I had such a great time talking & laughing with Kim, Kari's sister, Kari, & Carol, Kari's Mom. Her mom & I have the same name, Carol Ann!



The program began at 7:00 in the sanctuary. Here you see the program agenda & the corresponding pages for info. PJ's on Parade was a pajama fashion show featuring the cutest kids. Next the pastor's wife showed 3 different ideas for decorating your front door. A doctor then talked about how to stay healthy with your eating & stress management during the holidays. The next presenters were so entertaining while they showed stocking stuffer ideas. Finally we were treated to a few recipe ideas for Christmas morning.


Everyone received some great gifts. A coupon for 20% off PJ's at the children's shop that furnished items for the fashion show, warm & cozy socks, the December issue of Better Homes & Gardens magazine, and . . .




my favorite item, a beaded Pyrex casserole holder! I love it!



Yesterday I monogrammed Ethan's stocking. I had to take off the white furry cuff to do the monogram & then reattach. I also took off the loop & added a blue ribbon loop.



I'm very proud of the way it turned out. Now I need to monogram the big people stockings. I bought the four of us new stockings year before last ,but never got around to personalizing. I won't be tackling that project today because Bobby & Kari are going shopping with me. I'm hoping to get some things checked off my gift list.

9 comments:

Shelley said...

The stocking for Ethan looks great! What a fun xmas program you attended - I am coveting that beaded casserole holder!

Dawn Marie said...

what a great program! Ethans stocking did turn out great.

I also like the pyrex dish holder..a great gift.
I so miss going to things such as this..

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Carol what a great Friday post girl!! sounds like you had a wonderful fellowship last might..thank you for sharing...hugs and smiles Gloria

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Good Morning.The Christmas program sounds wonderful. What a way to bring in the Christmas Spirit. I loved your beaded pyrex holder. The Christmas stocking looks great with the monogram.
Have a beautiful day!
Terrie

Tardevil said...

Sounds like fun...good job w/ the monogramming...wish I could do that!

Bo said...

Hi Carol...what a wonderful program the church held...and such generous gifts too. That little stocking for Ethan will be an heirloom for sure! ;-Bo

Anonymous said...

Your stocking is beautiful, looks professional.

Hugs,
Chris

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oh Carol...is Ethan's stocking not the cutest thing ever!!!Debbie

Picket said...

Hey girl...that looks like you had a great time at the outing and that stocking turned out fantastic...wish I could sew! lol I am so sorry about the loss of your little fur baby Chip....our pets become so much a part of our family..my little Maggie will soon be 16 yrs old and she is not in the best of health this last year..I have had her since she was 5 weeks old..I picked her out the day she was born...I love how you decorated that cabinet and the little tree in the window was so cute! Take care sweetie and have a great weekend!