Sunday, December 14, 2008

Faithfulness. . .

If we are faithless, He remains faithful;
He cannot deny Himself.
2 Timothy 2:13



Painting by: G. Harvey


God's faithfulness grows out of the unchanging perfection of His nature. Because He is infinite and perfect in His love, mercy, and kindness, you can trust Him to be perfectly faithful in His care for you. Your friends may fail you; your own heart may fail you, but God never will. Divine faithfulness is just God being what He has always been and always will be.
That is why it is foolishness to think for a moment that God's faithfulness to you is in any way dependent upon your performance. Even if you have been faithless, turn your heart to the One who is ever faithful. He is always ready to take you in.
Upon God's faithfulness rests our whole hope of future blessedness.
A.W. Tozer
I hope you take the time to listen to the entire song I have selected to go with today's post. I think it will bless you!
Devotion taken from 'God's Daily Answer'

10 comments:

Becky K. said...

Beautiful...and so true!

Anonymous said...

Carol, that was beautiful, thank you for sharing it.

Hugs,
Chris

Dawn Marie said...

That is a really nice post--and so fitting with all that is going on in our world today. I lose faith so much--I struggle all the time.

I also struggle because I just hate seeing any suffering of any kind on anyone-its very sad to take.

Shelley said...

Today's song is beautiful and I love the meaning of faithfulness!

Melissa Miller said...

Beautiful Carol. Thank you for sharing.

I have passed the Christmas Spirit award on to you when you have a chance come check it out.

Nancy Rosalina said...

Hi Carol, this was beauiful! Wonderful post! Blessings to you, Nancy

Patsy said...

Hugs to you Carol. The song is beautiful.

valerie said...

Carol, I love this song. God has been so faithful to me and my family. I get very emotional when I think of all He's done for me.

I really needed this devotion and the song today. Thanks!

Love,
Valerie

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

God's love for us is so unfathomable! He is amazing!

Sonya

savvycityfarmer said...

It's snowing~~~

Yes, our God is faithful.
Father in Jesus name bless this dear woman of God for taking a stand and showing the world her love for You.