Monday, December 1, 2008

Dear Santa. . .

Yesterday while hubby & I were eating a late lunch at our kitchen table we noticed it was snowing! Of course, I became very excited about seeing the 1st snow flakes of the season because I LOVE snow!

Today I'm featuring my Santa collection. These Santas are displayed in our entertainment center on 6 shelves. I didn't put everything out this year, just a few select pieces.



On each shelf I also displayed some crystal & class pieces. The cake stand belonged to my Granny B. I have several vintage Santas on this shelf, 2 standing behind the cake stand & the cute guy on top of the stand. My favorite Santa in this picture is the one kneeling in front of Baby Jesus. I have the book written by Debbie Boone to go along with the piece.
You can't really see very well, but each crystal piece has a battery operated tea light flickering inside.

Here you can see the light in the rose bowl. More Santas of all shapes & sizes.



Another rose bowl and more jolly ole' Saint Nicks.



Crystal candy jar with more guys in red & white.



This is a candy dish I got at Goodwill. Behind is a Santa painted on a mini chalkboard dated 1986.
So happy you stopped by for a visit on this 1st day of December!

18 comments:

Stacey said...

Carol you have a great collection of Santas. I double clicked on the pics to see them better. Love them...I have a few.

Patsy said...

Hello Carol so glad to meet you. Love your Santas and rose bowls.
Patsy

Shelley said...

I love how you have them displayed! So many cute Santas!

Melissa Miller said...

Hi Carol, Love all your precious Santas! How festive they look. ~Melissa

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Carol, what a wonderful collection of Santas you have. How fortunate to have a piece from Granny B. You've reminded me of some of the vintage Santas I made a few years ago with my Aunt. I believe I'll pull them out this year.
Thanks for sharing girl.
hugs ~lynne~

Tardevil said...

Love the vintage Santas! Now you know you need to put the rest of them out for us to see! :O)

Ashley Hasty said...

Thank you for following my blog! I adore the picture at your heading. Who painted it? Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Wow! Snow already! I love your Santa collection...so cute! Debbie

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

I loved your Santa collection.

the voice of melody said...

First snow of the season? How exciting! We don't get snow down here but I grew up in Canada so I remember those childhood days when we'd get so excited at the first snowfall!

I noticed one of your Santas has a blue/purple coat on. I've never seen him in anything but red so I was wondering if there's a story behind this one. Just curious!

Many sweet blessings!

Nancy Rosalina said...

Wow Carol! you have a great Santa Collection. Nancy

Bo said...

Hi Carol...what is it about Santas that we all love to collect? Maybe, our inner child? Haha...
thanks for sharing... ;-) Bo

Sit A Spell said...

Great collection...very fun.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

What a great idea to use those battery candles on the shelves! Love your Santas. laurie

Tootsie said...

What a great post! I love the collection!

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

What a great collection of Santa Claus' you have!

Linda said...

Hi Carol, your Santa collection is great! I like all the pretty crystal too. I've been enjoying your earlier posts, it's been fun getting to know you...hugs, Linda

Leaon Mary said...

CAROL
ARE WE TWINS OR WHAT?
LOL