Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Favorites. . .



Dawn at http://fourfiftythree.blogspot.com/ posted this fun list on Friday. I decided to play along! Thanks Dawn!


~ Christmas Favorites ~


Fresh tree or fake tree?

We used to have a fresh tree years ago, but now we just use artificial because of our allergies.



Ornament?

My favorites are two I still have from elementary school Christmas parties in 2nd & 3rd grade.



Christmas song?

#1 favorite is Oh Holy Night, I remember my mom singing it in church as a solo.

#2 favorite is White Christmas, I get so excited if we have a white Christmas, which isn't very often here in Oklahoma.



Tradition?

We open gifts on Christmas morning .



Favorite gift as a child?

A transistor radio! I thought I was so grown up!



Christmas meal?

We started a new tradition a few years ago of having steak. Everyone likes the change from turkey & ham!



Cookie?

Christmas sugar cookies



Place to be?

Wherever my family is.



Memory?

My favorite Christmas memory is Bobby's 1st Christmas in 1981, he was 5 months old. He was so sweet in his Santa outfit!



Christmas movie?

I have several. . .

#1 ~ It's a Wonderful Life

Love Jimmy Stewart & Donna Reed


#2 ~ White Christmas

Love musicals


#3 ~ Christmas Story

Cute & funny Ralphie


#4 ~ Christmas Vacation

Bob loves this movie & laughs each time he sees it like it's the first time!



Let me know if you play along.I'm interested in your favorites, too!

14 comments:

Barbara Jean said...

Carol,
Just in case i didn't respond to your note on my blog about my mother-in-law passing away, thank you for your sweet thoughts and encouragment.
Things have been kind of a blurr
lately and I'm not getting done what i should.
That's OK. I know people understand.

I jsut enjoyed loking at all your
christmas trees. How onderful to have all the lights and ornaments around.

I just did a bit of decorating and wrote on my blog about it. There are two photos also. Not much, but I'm gald to get even that much done, and grateful to my husband, who in the midst of his own pain, is trying to keep things more cheerful around here.

Blessings and I'll be back when i can.

Barbara Jean

Anonymous said...

Carol, I loved reading your favorites of Christmas. And I will do this also maybe later in the week. I just love getting to know our friends better and this is one good way to do it. Thanks for sharing your favorites.

Hugs,
Chris

Bo said...

Good morning Carol...This was a fun read about your Christmas favorite things...I also checked all of your pretty trees & decor!
Have a wonderful week! ;-) Bo

Shelley said...

What a fun post! I like the same xmas movies as you!

Nonnas News said...

It was fun reading your chrismtas favorites!

Dawn Marie said...

Christmas favorites!!!

Ok let me try to remember....we use artificial because I like the lights on alot and dont want to worry about fire.

favorite ornaments..all that my kids made and anything new!

favorite songs--Mary Did you Know-Silent Night, Drummer Boy,

Favorite movies-Its a wonderful life--hands down.

favorite foods--we have prime rib and ham--still our favorite.

place to be--where my family is.

i think thats it!

Mary said...

I can remember Bobby at his fist christmas. Grant was about 4 weeks at his first Christmas. Fun to look back on memeories.
Hope you guys don't get iced in.
Take care today
Mary

Darlene said...

Hi Carol,

That was a fun read. Are you staying warm there? We didn't get anything yet, it is just REALLY cold. Our high is supposed to be mid-30's with a wind chill...Brrrr! We have a 30% chance tonight of freezing rain and I'll hope that we don't end up getting it! It can just stay up in your area...hahaha

Darlene said...

Oh and yes, we were at 75 and sunny on Sunday. A nice (summerlike) day! Our Oklahoma weather is just CRAZY!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Carol... I loved reading your list! I cringe at the thought of "Christmas Vacation" though! My sister and her family watch it every Christmas night and I have to leave because I can't stand to see the poor cat get electrocuted!!! I think they watch it so I'll go home...lol...hugs...Debbie

Barbara Jean said...

Carol,
Thank you for the note today.
I'm glad we took the time to decorate too.
This morning we got up to twinkle lights, and snow!!
It is so beautiful!

I love how the Lord sends jsut what we need to refresh our souls.

Today will be wonderful..
The Lord is good. He has done great things for us.

Blesings
Barbara Jean

the voice of melody said...

It's a Wonderful Life is also my favorite Christmas movie! I look forward to seeing it every year.

Have a wonderful day!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

This was so fun to read. It's a Wonderful Life is my favorte movie ever!! laurie

Rose of Sharon said...

Auh..I loved reading about your Christmas favorites! I love the same old movies that you do. I also love O Holy Night and White Christmas!

Have a happy season!
Love, Sharon