Monday, November 3, 2008

Thanksgiving Decorating Part 1. . .

Today I'm featuring a few pictures of my Thanksgiving decorations. I always tweak things after everything is in its place, so don't be surprised if you see the same items in future posts in different places.


I have several Amish items that I use for Thanksgiving decorating. Amish crafts were very popular well over 20 years ago.


These little Amish women are perched on this cross-stitch picture that I stitched a lo-o-ong time ago.


More country touches. W-e-l-c-o-m-e to the kitchen table, sit down & enjoy your meal!

It's hard to read, but this cross-stitch picture says, 'Take Joy In Lifes' Simple Pleasures'.



I think I'm getting the urge to do a little cross-stitching again. Hey Santa, I want one of those fancy magnifying lamps for Christmas! :>)



Have a marvelous Monday, I'll check in with you tomorrow.

5 comments:

Picket said...

Morning girl...I loved those little crossstitched samplers....I use to crossstitch many many years ago...I loved it...but now I'd need the biggest magnifying glass that make to see how to do that again! lol Great decorations girl...I love Fall decor!

Mary said...

OH sis I remember your long hours of cross stiching and crafts. You would always say "Just One More"
Have a great Monday
M

Melissa Miller said...

Hi Carol! (My MIL's name as well) Oh, Thank you so much for coming by my new blog. It feels great to get encouragement from you. Love your beautiful cross stitch picture and how sweet to put the ladies on top. Precious! I'm going to try out tablescape Tuesday tomorrow. Come back and visit me anytime. You're always Welcome! ~Warmly, Melissa

tincanlily said...

I like more light in the evening. The morning you have to get up whether it is dark or light. When it is dark after supper all I want to do is watch tv. Not very productive! You had some cute trick or treaters. We did not get any :( , ah rural life! I have visited Amish Country in PA a few times, lovely place.
denise

Rose of Sharon said...

What cute Thanksgiving things you have! I will take down my Halloween stuff tomorrow and just leave up the fall/harvest looking things for a week or so and then put up my Thanksgiving stuff. I can't wait, I LOVE Thanksgiving!

Happy day!

Sharon