Monday, November 17, 2008

Project Progress. . .

I got busy Saturday & Sunday working on my quilt project. Sometimes it's hard for me to get started with a project, but once I get started I usually keep working until the job is complete.




Here is all the fabric before it is washed & dried. . .



All ironed & ready to begin cutting & sewing. . .



Sunday afternoon I cut & sewed the first 6 quilt blocks which took about 1 1/2 hours. . .


Here's a closeup of 3 squares. . .



I was pretty rusty & out of practice with the sewing, but soon discovered it's kind of like riding a bike, once you get started it's OK! I'll work a little bit each day this week & see if I can get it all finished.

9 comments:

Stacey said...

So sweet!!

Mary said...

How cute, I know Miss E will love it! Can't believe she is turning 1this Sunday.
love you
M

Shelley said...

Gorgeous - I love the patterns you have chosen!

Melissa Miller said...

What beautiful colors. She is going to enjoy it so much.

"Blossom" said...

I wish I could quilt. My mother use to quilt all the time and I have beatuiful quilts she made.
I love your color scheme and patterns.
blossom
Happy Holidays

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

GM Carol...now this is going to be one pretty quilt girl..you did that in an hour and half?? your good girl..can't wait for it to be done..thanks for sharing...hugs and smiles Gloria

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Carol... How pretty it looks already! Please keep us posted! I'm trying to decide if I want to try quilting. I come from a long line of mountain women who quilted but it stopped at my mom. I would love to see our tradition continue, but I need a little inspiration. Thanks for keeping us up to date on your progress..Debbie

Bo said...

Looking good! You chose some of the cutest fabric patterns and I would imagine that is half of the battle... ;-) Bo

MJ said...

I love making quilts! Beautiful colors!