Saturday, November 22, 2008

Autumn's Colorful Display. . .



Autumn, the year's last, loveliest smile.

~William Cullen Bryant


Here is our beautiful Flaming Maple tree. This shot is taken from my front door.


Here's another view, notice the top of the tree is missing. It was severely damaged during the ice storm in December '07. We were afraid we had lost our gorgeous tree. It was okay with a little trimming after the ice melted away, but in May while we were hiding in the cellar during a tornado warning the top broke off & landed in our driveway.

Long after other trees have lost their leaves, ours is just starting to show off.

Luckily we still have a tree full of leaves after the strong winds on Thursday. Hopefully we'll still have leaves on Thanksgiving Day!


Stop by tomorrow, I may have a sneak peak of my new Thanksgiving tradition!

7 comments:

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful tree. I am a gardener and I love nature!!! Have a beautiful day!!

Mary said...

Boy that little tree is strong to have gone through all of natures furry. Glad you all don't have hurricans! Ha I don't wish that on anyone. It's like an 8 hour tornado. Breakfast is waiting! yum yum

Shelley said...

I love your gorgeous maple tree!
See you tomorrow morning....

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Your tree is beautiful and what a brave little tree to have stood up to so many disasters. laurie

Cindy said...

So gorgeous! I long for fall color! Something we don't have alot of here, but I always enjoy what little we get!

c

Melissa Miller said...

That is so beautiful. Love the rich reds in the fall.
Lucky you! :)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Lovely! What beautiful pictures! Enjoyed reading your blog!

Sheila :-)